Alaskans LOVE ice cream and this is your chance to be a part of a vibrant, growing business that brings the best ice cream to Anchorage while spreading happiness and building community. We make all our own ice cream and specialize in local and adventurous flavors. More than just a sweet treat, Wild Scoops emphasizes excellent service and an outstanding experience.
Part-time, 3/4-time and full-time positions available, with opportunities for leadership and growth. Applicants must be able to work through the end of October, with priority given to those who can work at least part time through next summer.
Work will be held at the following locations:
- Our Scoop Shop at 429 E St. (right next to Fat Ptarmigan; Hours range from 11:15a-11:15p in summer, ending at 10p in winter).
- Pop-up markets and events around town.
- Test Kitchen (636 E 15th Ave).
SCOOP SHOP JOB DESCRIPTION
Performance expectations & essential functions:
Communicates knowledgeably and engagingly about all menu items, including ingredients, flavors and sourcing.
Serves customers professionally, hygienically, and enthusiastically — is alert in a fast-paced, on-your-feet work environment.
Works with team to maintain an inviting and clean area (this means a lot of cleaning!).
Continues to learn about local foods and ice cream production.
Attends and participates in whole-team meetings.
Side functions: - Take shifts in the Test Kitchen to learn more about ice cream production and techniques. - Help refine and improve Wild Scoops systems and all aspects of the Wild Scoops ice cream experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have prior experience in a customer service or human relations role, or leadership with kids (i.e. camp counselor, teaching)
- Be able to effectively manage emotions and stress in a fast-paced workplace to maintain positivity and enthusiasm.
- Have a reputation for excellent relations and communications with co-workers or teammates.
- Be interested in continuous learning related to food/ people/ business.
- Love ice cream! Love people!
This is a demanding position with high expectations, but also high rewards!
We are hiring for hard-working, fast-learning and positive kitchen team members to join in our Test Kitchen where the ice cream magic all happens! You will assist with baking, all sorts of prep (ice cream sandwiches! Tacos!), packaging, and ice cream production. Experience in food industry required.
Opportunities for leadership and growth with excellent performance. 20-35 hours a week, with possibilities to work some shifts in the Scoop Shop as well. With more questions, email email@example.com
Ready to apply (either position)? Write a cover letter that includes your availability and why you want to work for Wild Scoops, and send it along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — or drop off in person at our Scoop Shop (429 E St.) during open hours.